Bill sells online courses to potential students.
Bill wants to reduce the time and energy spent in creating and managing the activities involved in course creation.
Bill then decides to automate his online courses using automated workflows.
Be like Bill.
As course creators, you have a lot of things to think about. This includes the design of the product, the content, the marketing, and much more.
What if you could organize or have complete control over each course creation and promotion stage?
So, unless you are a super-human capable of knowing, doing, or predicting everything, this post is for you.
Automation workflows are becoming more and more popular among course creators to automate tasks, thus allowing you to focus on significant and essential decisions.
To begin with automation workflows for your online courses, here are the 3 things you need to do-
- Pick an online course creation platform like Freshlearn, where you can build your online course. You can upload videos, create documents, add documents, add audio, and create assessments at the chapter level.
- Decide which marketing/sales activities you want to automate. For example, social media posting, sending nurture emails to potential customers, tracking how many leads are active, unsubscribes, etc.
- Pick up the right workflow automation tools(with a good interface) to help you achieve these automation goals.
So how does business workflow management make the lives of course creators easy? To answer that, you need to dive deeper into what marketing automation is.
What is marketing automation?
According to HubSpot, Marketing automation uses workflow software/tools to automate monotonous marketing work.
You can automate repetitive tasks such as email marketing, social media posting, and even ad campaigns - not just for the sake of efficiency but also to provide a more personalized experience for your customers.
The technology behind marketing automation makes manual tasks faster and easier to do.
For example, sharing content across your social platforms can increase your marketing reach—but it can also require a lot of work. You can also use a workflow automation tool to promote your content on social media automatically.
But to leverage the full power of marketing automation, you need to understand more about automation workflows and how you can automate workflows that help nurture leads efficiently and effectively.
Workflow Automation ideas refer to the flow of tasks or activities, execution, and automation of business processes based on specific triggers or actions that the lead performs.
For example, if a new lead fills a form on your website, an automated workflow can be designed to send nurture emails to attract the lead to buy your online course.
Similarly, you can automatically send a survey email using a workflow if someone completes your course.
Did you know that you can save 80% of your time, energy, and resources on repetitive tasks and boost your marketing ROI just by implementing marketing automation workflows?
Let's see how.
Why should course creators think about Marketing automation?
Marketing automation can make your entire course creation and promotion journey more efficient. You may save time by automating processes, allowing you to focus on more essential, key areas.
This means that you can devote your time to other vital tasks such as creative work, planning, creating new course concepts, and so on.
Reporting on your online course's progress and analytics may appear like a difficult task, but it doesn't have to be with marketing automation workflows.
Marketing automation tools can provide reliable, streamlined data, allowing you to see where improvement is needed.
You may collect accurate statistics with automation software, such as email open rates, how many people are taking your course, sending emails at the right time without forgetting or losing any leads, and so on.
Automation helps you save time and is a great way to do multiple tasks together like publishing the same content on different platforms automatically, sending nurture emails to hundreds of people in one go, etc.
Now that you know the power of well-executed marketing automation tactics, which workflows are the real game-changers?
Which workflows should you be implementing to improve your course creation journey and increase your marketing productivity?
7 workflow automation ideas for course creators
Using Twitter conversations to research your course topic is one of the best workflow automation ideas you can opt for.
You might want to know what people are talking about, on which you want to create a course. You create Twitter alerts using Google Alerts or Automate.io around that topic.
You can then use this information whenever you want ideas for your new lesson or review valuable conversations to validate your course idea.
Automatically transcribe your recorded videos into text
- Most of us like watching videos more than reading texts. But wouldn't it be great if you send video text as notes to your students along with the video or audio? You can use tools like Descript to transcribe videos & audio to text.
- In the case of live class sessions, you can use Fireflies.ai, which instantly records sessions across any web-conferencing platform. It's easy to invite Fireflies to your meetings to register and share conversations.
Use Bannerbear to create graphics for your course automatically
- You don't have to resize a single image to different dimensions to post it on various channels. With Bannerbear API, auto-generate custom templates, social media visuals, e-commerce banners, dynamic email images, and more.
- You can then schedule these images directly on social media using Bannerbear integrations with different tools.
Automatically save enrolled students' data into Google Sheets
- To keep a count of how many students are enrolled in your online course, you can gather their details in Mailchimp.
- To have better visibility of the reach of your course, you need to update the data continuously. You can do this automatically by connecting Google Sheets and Mailchimp using Automate.io.
Send a survey after the end of the course and upsell using email workflows
- Once your students complete the course, it's always nice to ask for feedback. You can do this by sending them a survey form using SurveyMonkey.
- Transfer survey data to Mailchimp using Automate.io to put your email marketing on autopilot mode.
- You can then enrol these contacts into an email nurture campaign to send upselling emails to enrol them in other courses.
Automatically post your new Instagram post on other social media channels
- Suppose you post a new social media post on Instagram to announce your new video.
- You can automatically share the same post from one platform to another. For example, https://automate.io/integration/instagram/twitter or posts your latest tweeted images to Facebook.
Enrol your audience in different email sequences
- Not all leads will be ready to close on day one. Sometimes, you need to nurture leads and warm them up to eventually convert. You can set enrollment criteria, like filling out Google Forms, subscribing to your newsletter, etc.
- Once a lead takes a specific action, you can use Mailchimp to record the data and send nurture emails.
Running an online course business can be overwhelming. While workflow automation can help you save time and energy, you might need more than this.
An online course creation platform like Freshlearn can help you create and sell courses under your own personalized online digital storefront at a freemium model. Let’s get started today!